Creativity in Action for Adolescents
Partner with Us
Any community group, pea patch, neighborhood watch or business association can partner with Coyote Central to develop a Hit the Streets project. Here’s how it works:
- First the partnering group meets with Coyote to suggest a site that it would like to see graced with a permanent piece of public art.
- Once Coyote has a sense of the type and scope of the installation, it puts out a call for artists to design a youth art project for the site.
- Coyote collaborates with its community partner to seek funding from local foundations, businesses and the Department of Neighborhoods to cover artist fees, materials, project management and supplies, and youth stipends.
- Coyote recruits the young participants through school counselors and social service providers.
- The youth work with 3-4 professional artists for 3-4 weeks to design, build and install the project.
- The community group and Coyote host an installation celebration at the site to honor the hard work and talents of the young participants.
If you or your group would be interested in partnering with Coyote on a Hit the Streets project, please call Claudia Stelle at (206) 323-7276.