Job Opening: FINANCE & DATA MANAGER
Part time, ~12-15 hrs/wk; Reports to Executive Director
Our Mission. Coyote Central challenges young adolescents of every race and socio-economic background to build skills, creative thinking, and self-awareness through hands-on projects with professionals in creative fields.
We are seeking a part-time Finance and Data Manager who will handle all financial, data, and human resource duties for the organization. Proficiency with financial systems and database experience are essential, but equally important is a personal commitment to our mission and to social justice. The collaborative nature of our staff leaves the door wide open for professional growth, and there is great potential for expansion in this position, particularly in the areas of donor relations and fundraising.
Coyote is committed to equity and inclusion in everything we do. Our organizational structure is neither top-down nor bottom-up; every voice is valued equally. We have a powerful work ethic, but thrive on collaboration and collective problem-solving.
Bookkeeping / Finance
- Accounts payable and receivable, banking, payroll
- Monthly reconciliations of bank, Paypal and GoPayment accounts
- Financial reports and ytd income/expense updates as requested by E.D.
- City, state, and federal quarterly reports and annual Form 990
- Track attendance and prepare attendance reports
- Prepare student surveys and record results
- Prepare comprehensive statistic reports for E.D.
- Track all donations in Salesforce and generate donor acknowledgments
- Prepare and manage teaching artist contracts (~300/year)
- Perform background checks on all instructors and volunteers
- Maintain personnel records
- Maintain time sheets for staff and volunteers
- Prepare and distribute Forms 1099 and W-2
- Ensure that all local, state and federal required postings are current
- Provide administrative support for Coyote events (auction, guest chef, art sale, open house)
- Solicit auction donations from local businesses
- Track auction procurements, registrations, and payments
- Assist in preparation of auction items
- Assist in set-up and tear-down of auction and all other special events
Minimum 2 years bookkeeping experience
Proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel, MS Word
Experience with database systems, especially Salesforce for Non-Profits and Active
Extraordinary powers of organization and attention to detail
Initiative and self-direction
Commitment to youth development and social justice
Enthusiasm for pitching in wherever you’re needed for the greater good
Hours and Compensation
Part-time position averaging 12-15 hrs/week. Very flexible schedule.
$17-$21/hr., depending on experience
Minimum commitment of 1-2 years
Coyote Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, queer, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and/or non-binary folks are encouraged to apply. Coyote respects the cultural and personal identities of its staff and constituents, and encourages dialog about equity and social justice in the context of our work.
Coyote’s staff has a culture of individual creativity and collaboration, hard work and fun. We look forward to adding a new voice to our team.
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.